Saturday, June 3, 2023

White-Bellied Sea Eagles at Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

When I set out to locate the resident white-bellied sea eagle's nest near the Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve visitors center today, I was disheartened to find it missing. Was I searching in the wrong spot? I moved around, attempting to view it from different angles, but to no avail. Had the recent thunderstorm destroyed the nest? My worry and concern grew until, suddenly, a white-bellied sea eagle emerged from the trees! A sigh of relief washed over me as I realized that while the old nest may have been destroyed, the eagles themselves seemed to be unharmed and thriving. 

A sea eagle carrying a prey


Continuing along the coastal trail, my excitement soared when I spotted a majestic sea eagle flying overhead, carrying its prey. Swiftly, I captured the remarkable sight with my camera. 

As the clouds dispersed and the sun emerged, my attention was drawn to three eagles gracefully gliding over the wetland. Two of them engaged in a spirited aerial display, putting on a short but spectacular show in the sky. They playfully chased each other, showcasing their agility and strength as they briefly clashed talons. 







It was exhilarating, and I couldn't help but be captivated by these magnificent creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment