Saturday, October 24, 2009

Foliage in my Neighbourhood

The best known foliage viewing area in Texas is at Lost Maples State Natural Area, which is 370 miles away from Dallas, a 7 hour drive. The best foliage view time should be from mid October to early November depending on weather. Unfortunately school is still in session, and kids still have lots of activities during weekends. It is hard to find time to go there for families with school age children.

If you look around, then you will find that your neighbourhood, your community park are full of colors. Here is what I saw in my neighbourhood last year.


In 2008, trees in my neighborhood, started to color in mid October. I noticed that the foliage were getting more and more wide spread, brighter, week by week, during my routine weekend morning jogging. I decided to take my camera to record the foliage in my neighbourhood on November 9, 2008.


It was a crispy, beautiful Autumn morning. The tree in my front yard, was colorful, part of leaves turned gold brown, part were still green. The roses beneath the tree was blooming. Looking across the street, a bright yellow was in sight.

The fall color, chimney and blue sky formed a unique combination at one place; as a matter of fact any color looked great under this bright blue sky. There were more bright color trees at the community park, red, yellow, and further more, a family of ducks were in the pond and a heron stood by the water.

Looking around, it was so colorful, so lively, so beautiful, my usual 45 minute early morning jogging prolonged to about 2 hours, just to enjoy the foliage in my neighbourhood and to take in the crisp autumn air.



We don't have to go far to enjoy the beauty of nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment