Saturday, October 20, 2018

Playing Golf Tasting Wine

I played golf on a commercial course for the first time on Saturday October 6th. I tasted wine at a winery for the first time the following Saturday!

Scramble Golf at Indian Creek

I played mini golf many times before, played real golf at driving range a couple of times.I am not really into it, and not good at it, never planned to play golf on a 18-hole commercial course! The reason I played at Indian Creek Golf Club was for a good cause - fund raising for charitable event Giving Choice at work.

It was a beautiful Saturday morning at Indian Creek on 10/6/2018. Hundreds of employees and retirees participated in  this event. 
We played scramble golf, 4 person a team. But there were still too many team, so teams started at different holes. We started  on hole 16, so we reached hole 18 early in the morning
Golf is a sport that looks easy but really hard to play! When I swung hard to try to drive the ball far, I frequently missed the ball. I could hit the ball and drive it to some distance if I don't try too hard
I did hit the balls well several times. I drove a ball over 100 feet to the edge of the green near the hole and we got a chance for par!

Our wettest September  made the pounds on the course full; Grand egrets graced quite a few pounds there. 
In addition to fund raising, playing golf also provided us chance to know each other a bit outside of work. I met my old boss - who retired 8 years ago at the event. the variation to routine brought some degree of excitement to everyone. Despite being bad at golf, I actually enjoyed the outing  - walking on the course, the beautiful scenery, laughing at each other, and overjoy for occasional good shots

Wine Tasting at Vitagliano Vineyard and Winery

I went to Diamond Bar, California last weekend to attend a national council meeting of a non profit organization. Since national council members rarely meet each other, it was decided to organize a pre-meeting social at a winery - one everyone's personal dime.  It has been a exhausting and tiring year for me as a local chapter president, so I decided to join this activity to relax a bit.  



We were given a couple choice of winery, I voted for the vineyard and winery with beautiful layout because the purpose of this wine tasting is not  wine tasting! 

Vineyard
The Vineyard and Winery is like a beautiful park
We would tasting 6 type of wines, with price ranged from $28/bottle to $80/bottle.
The wine tasting started with chardonnay.

The amount of wine tasted each time. It was still a lot for me. I felt a bit top heavy at the end. Fortunately we had a designated driver 


Team building was the goal at the wine tasting. No body bought wine after the tasting:)

cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment