Monday, September 2, 2019

Gardens by the Bay

Garden by the bay is a big botanic garden. The main attractions to me include:  Super tree grove, the water lily pound and kingfisher lake.

Super Trees at the garden are man made trees with huge canopies and they look exotic and attract my attention. Seeing their photos before I went to the garden, I just felt that I must go to see them in person!

I was in awe when standing below the super trees  - and to get a better feel, I went up to sky way hanging right below the canopies of several trees. It was worth it - a bird's eye view of the garden, and see the tree's canopy close up and personal, and a view of Marina Bay and the Sky park.

The water lily pound is a exquisitely designed small pound in the garden - lily pads, golden fishes and super trees and sky park in the background. It is beautiful, quiet and attracts a lot of local photographers with their "big gun" cameras.

On the other side of the trail to the pound is the kingfisher lake, a bird sanctuary, with a big bird sculpture standing on the bank of the lake. As I walked along the trail slowly a few humming birds were suspending mid air to drink nectar from flowers!

The view of the super trees grove from the sky park put a perfect end to my visit to the Garden by the bay.

Artificial Super Trees



Sky way connecting super trees

On the Sky way
A super tree
water lily pound
humming bird by kingfisher lake
Overlapping Super Trees and Sky Park
View of Super Tree grove from Sky Park

No comments:

Post a Comment