Sunday, September 29, 2019

Walking in the Snow in September at Calgary

I anticipated beautiful foliage in Calgary Canada when I planned to attend a meeting there in the end of September. I was surprised to know that it would have its first snow starting September 28th, the first week of Autumn!

My hotel is close to one of the best foliage viewing areas in Calgary - Eau Claire Park. So I walked into light snow this morning, fully equipped with skiing gears  - gloves, woolen hat, heavy coat, toward the park, which is one kilometer away. 

selfie in the snow
Eau Claire Park is on Bow river. There are bike and running/jogging trails in the park and along the river. To the south of the Bow river, there is a large number of high rise apartment buildings and to the north, standalone houses. 


snow draped pine trees 
I saw a few man or woman running by themselves, a few couples running together and a large group of people running together while talking. I exchanged pleasantry with some joggers. Most of the time, I walked on the trail in a brisk pace while listening to local radio on my MP4, stopped from time to time to take pictures.
foliage in the park
Cold crispy air, white snow, yellow poplar foliage, dark green pine trees and red peace bridge ....  beautiful vistas along with music in the ears ... it was a very pleasant walk in the light snow.  

foliage in the park

Bank of Bow River

Bow River Pathway  - a pedestrian bridge

foliage along the river 

Geese have not migrated south yet 

apartment buildings by the river

Foliage in the snow

Peace Bridge
Bow River




No comments:

Post a Comment