Saturday, March 12, 2022

A day in Paris - by Lily

My visit to Paris was way overdue, but I finally made it here! 

With just about 24 hours total duration split in two halves, I decided to simply walk the city.

My hotel was at downtown Paris. The Louvre was a just few minutes away, so it was my first stop. There were so many people on the streets and at the Louvre Plaza! From there, I headed to Pont Neuf, stopping at Sainte Chapelle then Notre Dame, before heading to the Pantheon. There are many fortress like buildings in Paris and a lot of them have intricate carving/decorations, I felt like my eyes were saturated with arts and beauty :)  But Notre Dame truly stood out for the wonder of its intricacy, I could just imagine the thrill of touching its carvings with my fingertips.

Louvre

Plaza at Louvre

Pont Neuf

Sainte Chapelle

Notre Dame

Pantheon

When night started to fall, I walked toward Eiffel tower. The distance to it felt short quickly as I saw its luminous outline a mile away. Reaching to the bottom of the tower and looking up, I was in awe. Paris is definitely a night city. With the lights up, everything seemed to come alive with a more charming rhythm. Even river Seine came alive with colors and sounds.

Eiffel Tower

Seine

Seine 2

Sunday morning started with a thick cloud, the Eiffel looked to be engulfed in a thick mist. I started my way toward the Arc de Triomphe. By the time I got there the sun broke out, morning sunray shone directly on the Arc de Triomphe creating a triumph scene for me! 

On my way back I walked along the river Seine then through Jardin des Tuileries. Noticing spring flowers breaking through the ground, it touched my heart and gave me a wave of unexpected emotions. 

Yes, I do miss the crispy cold mornings, and I miss the seasons! The signs of early spring have such a strong uplifting power, for hope and for better future! It’s rather fitting as we finally see the end of covid and life gradually back to normal!

Eiffel Tower in Mist 
Arc de Triomphe

Seine during day

Jardin des Tuileries

Jardin des Tuileries 2


No comments:

Post a Comment