Saturday, December 24, 2022

Immersive Van Gough

Immersive Van Gough show drew my attention about two years ago, but we missed it due to travel. This time when I was looking for some culture event during Thanksgiving weekend, I stumbled on this show again. We went to watch this surrounded video  show at Lighthouse Artspace, at Downtown Dallas, on Black Friday afternoon with friends.

Backdoor to the parking lot

The show displays Van Gough's paintings through animated projection, with music. There are several large rooms showing the same video, the second showroom is the largest, and we sat there watched the show twice - it was playing in loop. This was the first time I looked at so many different van Gough paintings (~ 40).

I frequently can not appreciate some impressionistic paintings. With this group of van Gough paintings, displayed in big size, with details, and lights amplified dynamically, I was impressed by the impressionist's style. 

Van Gough - self portrait

Night




Landscape






Plants











No comments:

Post a Comment